Last Updated: April 3, 2019
- About Us
- What Information We Collect
- How We Collect User Information
- How We Use That Information
- What Is The Legal Basis For Processing User Information
- How Long Is The User Information Stored
- With Whom Do We Share User Information
- Exercise Your Rights
- Contact Us
About Us ↑
Project Agora is a leading native ad marketplace and monetization platform that works with Publishers enabling them to increase their advertising revenue by selling their ad space through programmatic advertising to premium advertisers and other automated demand sources.
What Information do we collect ↑
For delivering our services we rely on the usage of Third-Party Technology Vendors that enable us to collect certain information about you and your device, each time you visit a Publisher that is part of our platform.
The information collected may include without limitation the following:
- The type of browser and its settings;
- Information about the device’s operating system, device model and type of device
- IP Address
- The website visited, the webpages accessed and date/time of visits
We do not collect any data that can be used to directly identify an individual, such as name, address, phone number, email address or government identifier.
To learn more about the data collected through our Third-Party Technology Vendors please check their respective privacy policies on the “Exercise your rights” section.
To learn more about the data that can be collected in online advertising, you can also visit the following sites:
- All About Cookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- AboutAds.info, For Consumers page: http://www.aboutads.info/consumers
- A guide to online behavioral advertising: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/
How we collect User Information ↑
The Third-Party Technology Vendors we work with are able to collect user information through the use of tags, cookies and other standard web technologies both prior to the delivery of an ad, in order to determine the winning bid as well as after the delivery of an ad in order to provide reporting for our clients.
To learn more about the ways our Third-Party Technology Vendors collect user information, please check their respective privacy policies on the “Exercise your rights” section.
How we use that Information ↑
The information collected each time you visit a Publisher of our platform is primarily used in order to sell advertising space to Advertisers. The Advertisers utilize the information we provide them and enrich with information they may have independently collected in order to deliver targeted advertising they believe will be of particular interest to you.
We may also use the information collected for the following reasons:
- To analyze and report on how you interact with an ad (e.g. tracking of views and click through rates).
- To protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity.
What is the legal basis for Processing User Information ↑
Project Agora as an ad marketplace and monetization platform, is a Data Controller insofar as it places cookies and retrieves information that is Personal Data according to the GDPR and is stored in End Users terminal equipment and also insofar as it determines the purposes and means of processing of End Users Personal Data, to make decisions on the End Users Personal Data, to deliver relevant and high-performing ads in Publishers Properties in the open auction and in any case to monetize their available Inventory.
Where Publishers placing in their Properties Tags provided by Project Agora in such a way that when an End User appears on the Property his/her browser is automatically redirected to us, therefore Publishers trigger the transfer of End Users IP address to Project Agora, we and Publishers are Joint-Controllers as we codetermine the purposes for which process is carried out.
How long is the User Information stored ↑
We do not store information about you in our Data Centers. Data are stored by our Third-Party Technology Vendors using generally accepted security standards.
To learn more about the Data Retention Policies of our Third-Party Technology Vendors, please check their respective privacy policies on the “Exercise your rights” section.
With whom do we share the User Information ↑
The User information collected through the Third-Party Technology Vendors we work with may be shared with:
- Project Agora Affiliates
- Third-Party Technology Vendors (e.g. Ad exchanges, DSPs, SSPs, Ad servers, Data Management Platforms, Verification Providers).
Please note that, Advertisers may use this information in conjunction with other information they may have independently collected about you. We are not responsible for their use of data and their privacy practices.
Exercise your rights ↑
More precisely you have the right to: (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your data, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your User Information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your User Information.
As already stated we do not keep any information about you. All information and personal data regarding you are collected and stored by our Third-Party Technology Vendors.
Below is the list with the Third Parties Technology Vendors that hold information about you. If you want to exercise your rights, please visit their respective policies:
- Adform https://site.adform.com/privacy-center/platform-privacy/product-and-services-privacy-policy/
- Appnexus https://www.appnexus.com/en/company/platform-privacy-policy
- Taboola https://www.taboola.com/privacy-policy
- Rubicon http://rubiconproject.com/rubicon-project-yield-optimization-privacy-policy/
- Pubmatic https://pubmatic.com/legal/privacy-policy/
- Smart Ad server http://smartadserver.com/company/privacy-policy/
- Criteo https://www.criteo.com/privacy/
- Freewheel http://freewheel.tv/privacy-policy/
- Sizmek https://www.sizmek.com/privacy-policy
- Teads https://teads.tv/privacy-policy/
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ads/manage/audience_network/publisher_tos/
- Google https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Nielsen https://www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy
- PlayBuzz https://www.playbuzz.com/PrivacyPolicy
- Polar https://polar.me/privacy-policy/
- Video Intelligence https://www.vi.ai/privacy-policy/
Additionally, you can opt-out of receiving interest-based advertising by either the Third-Party Technology Vendors we work with or other advertising companies by visiting the following links:
Please note that the above platforms allow you to opt out of interest-based advertising delivered by registered members on the current browser you are using.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on above links will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of targeted content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads).
Please note the following important information related to opting out:
- The opt-out only applies to the browser in the device in which you set it. For example, if you set the opt-out while using the Firefox browser, then the opt-out applies only to the Firefox browser on the device where it was set, not other browsers or devices.
- To opt out from other browsers and devices, you will need to repeat the opt-out process in such browsers and devices.
- If you block the opt-out cookie or your browser is configured to block third-party cookies, then your opt-out may not be effective.
- If you delete your cookies, you will need to opt out again. You may download a browser extension that will help preserve the opt-out preferences you set by visiting www.aboutads.info/PMC.
Contact Us ↑
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services, please contact us at: email@example.com.
We may update this policy from time to time in order to reflect changes to our Services or for other legal and regulatory reasons.
If we make material changes to our policy, we will notify you by posting the revised policy on this website.